Monday 7 February 2011

No More Streets

 
Sad times, as Mike Skinner, AKA The Streets, has said that after the release of his fifth album, Computers and Blues and the tour he is currently on, then there will be no more from his musical alter ego. Alongside the album and tour, Skinner and a friend of his are writing a book about his life, and he is also working on a film; a thriller set in a hospital.

Skinner is one of the best British musicians around, and it is very saddening to hear that The Streets wil be no more. However, I tihnk it's probably for the best that he goes out on a high, rather than producing gradually less and less impressive material just for the sake of it. Skinner himself says that he doesn't "want to do it any more. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that. I don't think it's a negative thing to say."

The Streets will be sadly missed, but I think I'll be booking myself a ticket to his Leeds show in order to see him off properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment