Friday 4 February 2011

Mega 3D Royal Wedding!


Mike Darcey, the chief operating officer for BSkyB has mooted the possibility of broadcasting the Royal Wedding in 3D. He has stressed how wonderfully 3D works for major sporting events, and believes that it would work just as well for any large public event, including the wedding of Kate and Wills. He stated that his company were "optimistic, we're hopeful that we can persuade them that this will be a good thing."

Although I can see how this would be a good opportunity to showcase 3D, I don't think that it's a good idea to broadcast it in this way. Persoanlly, I find 3D to be really distracting, and it gives me a headache. Perhaps I'm just grumpy and boring, but I like my T.V to be like both my weddings and my royals...traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment