Saturday 17 September 2011

Big Brother...Are We Feeling It?


So...are we? I mean, I'm watching it, sort of, but it's just kind of falling flat for me. The contestants are so aware of the situation, so aware of the platform they are on that I can't really warm to many of them.

Last night was the first eviction, and Tashie left. I remember her from the BBC documentary 'Music, Money and Hip Hop Honeys', which was actually an excellent doc. However, what I remember about Tashie is her desperation to be famous and the hypocritical nature of some of the things she said and did. So when she first walked into the house, I was already kind of against her.

Don't get me wrong, she was an entertaining enough housemate, and I really like her face (not a fan of the Tashie's nose hate brigade!), but the fact that she openly admitted on Bit on the Side that the first thing she was going to do was use her exposure to push her music by jumping in the studio the day after eviction really, REALLY grated on me.

Added to Tashie's fame-hungry desperado persona are Maisy the wannabe presenter and Alex, who has already appeared on Snog, Marry, Avoid, although the make-under doesn't seem to have stuck. In fairness to Alex, she's actually kind of funny and sweet in a clueless kind of way. Jay was clearly a Geordie Shore reject, ditto Harry, but for Made in Chelsea, obvs.

Maybe I'll enjoy it more when they all get so used to being there that they forget about the cameras, the exposure and their future of doing photoshoots for downmarket rags/staged photo-ops for celeb mags.

I am enjoying this evening's episode, with the lovely soft-focus, soft-rock accompanied fake marriage, and now Tashie's gone, I wont be squirming every time she speaks, cries or moves.

For now, I'm going to keep watching...until the boyf bans me from it, of course!

C xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment