Tuesday 8 November 2011

Frankie Cocozza axed from The X Factor!


Wannabe rocker Frankie Cocozza has been kicked off The X Factor.

The unprecedented move comes after he allegedly boasted about using Class A drug cocaine in front of production staff. Clever. Not taking drugs is one of the 'Golden Rules' of the show, and having broken this rule, Frankie had to go.

Although his legions of teenage fans will be devastated, it's probably for the best that he's gone - for him and for the show.

Frankie released a statement, saying;
"I'd like to apologise to Gary, my fellow contestants and everyone who has voted for me, but, as of today, I will no longer be in the X Factor.

"My life during the show has gone out of control and my behaviour off stage has over-stepped the rules of the competition. I no longer deserve my place in the show, so I am therefore leaving.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me."

Well, it's a fine way for him to show it. It's one thing being Jack the Lad and taking recreational drugs in your normal life, if that's how you choose to live. It's another thing entirely to break an explicit rule of the competition that's giving you an opportunity to be successful and famous (...at least for six months) at the expense of others.

At least he had the decency to apologise. If he really has a problem, and hasn't just been caught having a cheeky one, then I sincerely hope he gets the help he needs. As a young guy, he's got a better chance than most to knock any burgeoning habits on the head. Best of luck to him in getting sorted.

The current gossip swirling around is that an eliminated act - Johnny Robinson or The Risk, most likely, will be able to fill the place and have another chance to prove themselves.

The X Factor representatives are refusing to make any announcements until tomorrow, so watch this space...

C xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment